Colorado Seminar Series 2016-2017
Competency-Based Learning: A Systemic Approach is a seminar series focused on supporting districts in Colorado to implement competency-based learning. Here, you can find all the meeting materials, our webinar archive, and essential guiding documents and resources to support your work.
Click here for the 2015-2016 Colorado Seminar Series Archive.
Guiding Documents and Resources
Great Schools Partnership Webinar Archive: a series of webinars describing many aspects of proficiency-based learning.
Harnessing Teacher Knowledge: a resource to help schools reflect on and improve efforts for teacher collaboration and professional learning to impact student achievement.
Leadership in Action: a briefing series intended for community engagement, helping educators put “eduspeak” into plain English.
Glossary of Education Reform: a searchable glossary for common terms in educational reform. The glossary’s intended audience is families, community members, and journalists, to help them understand new approaches in education.
Ten Principles of Proficiency-Based Learning: a document which describes the common features found in the most effective proficiency-based systems.
- Presentation Slides
- Forming Ground Rules
- Microlab Handout
- 10 principles of PBL
- From Standards to Units
- Aligning Research Support with Principles
- Research Bites
- Standards Sorting Activity: Sentence Strips Master
- Competency-Based Learning Simplified
- Doug Reeves Chapter
- The Final Word Protocol
- Design Guide – Content Area Graduation Standards
- Design Guide – Performance Indicators
- School Community Engagement: History, Challenges, and Vision
- Key Questions to Consider in Developing Community Engagement Strategies
- Examples of Community Engagement Strategies
- School-Community Engagement: Entry Points Planning
- School-Community Engagement: Mapping Entry Points
- Colorado Standards
- Participant Agenda
- Presentation Slides
- Design Guide for Performance Indicators Nov 2016
- Design Guide Scoring Criteria
- Assessment Pathways Simplified
- Design Guide Summative Assessment
- Protocol for Developing Performance Indicators
- Protocol for Designing Summative Assessments
- CO Speaking and Listening-Discussion
- CO Process for Developing Scoring Criteria January 2017
- Samples of Scoring Criteria for CO
- Collaborative Assessment Conference
- Tuning Protocol for Tuning a Plan
- 4 A’s Text Protocol
- How Good is Good Enough
- Ten Principles District Worksheet
- Ten Principles Worksheet CBL