Professional learning groups (PLGs) provide dedicated and supported time during which educators like you can evaluate student work, tune assessments and plans, and engage in constructive dialogue with peer educators. PLGs that have at least one trained facilitator spend time more wisely, stay focused on learning, and nurture a community devoted to continuous improvement.
Don’t have a trained facilitator? No problem. The Great Schools Partnership provides comprehensive, three-day training sessions for PLG facilitators.
Our experienced trainers can help you:
- Develop trusting relationships and a shared commitment to growth among colleagues.
- Use protocols to examine student and teacher work.
- Give and receive supportive, productive feedback focused on instructional improvement.
- Initiate and engage in an ongoing cycle of action using data, observation, and narrative.
- Effectively utilize PLG facilitation and leadership skills in a wide variety of professional settings
The cost of our PLG training is $495 per person.
We encourage school teams to register, although individuals may also register without a team.
Your registration fee includes:
- Direct support from a Great Schools Partnership coach
- Participation in all sessions
- All resources and materials
- A light breakfast and lunch each day (and an endless supply of coffee!)
The PLG Training will be held in the Great Schools Partnership office. The address is 482 Congress Street, Suite 500, Portland, ME 04101.
Schools are responsible for their own overnight accommodations. While we do not have a secured block of rooms available for this event, we do have a corporate account at two hotels within walking distance of our office.
The two hotels are:
- The Courtyard Marriott Portland Downtown Waterfront with a rate of $209 per night.
- The Westin Portland Harborview with a rate of $199 per night.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of our corporate rates, please contact us for details via email or phone 207-773-0505.
The rates are subject to availability, so book soon!
The deadline to register is Monday, July 8, 2019, but space is limited. Register early to secure your place.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-773-0505.
If you are interested in discussing ongoing support for trained PLG facilitators throughout the school year please contact our associate director, Mark Kostin.