Discovery sessions are virtual learning events open to all interested individuals. Think of these as opportunities to discover and explore topics or issues that are important to you, your school, or your community. Then start planning for change. Together, we can improve learning for all students.
It’s time to ensure just outcomes for all students, raise marginalized voices, and challenge the imbalance of power and privilege. We invite you to take a first step toward greater equity in your school or community by registering for an afternoon of leaning and learning for racial equity. We will lean into our own racial identities and learn about race and racism in America. We will hold an interactive session for participants to understand how and why we got here, examine some of the inequities that exist in participants’ school communities and reflect on implications for changing current practices.
A better education awaits.
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Time: 1:00-4:00 p.m. EST
Register today! Registration closes Wednesday, November 25.
At the Great Schools Partnership, our goal is to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to make progress in your school, district, or community. As a participant, you will come away with:
- A better understanding of how your personal experiences, perspectives, and identity impact how you learn and engage with others.
- Increased capacity to reflect on and engage in conversations about racial equity.
- An understanding of how race, power, and privilege impact teaching and learning in the United States.
- Unpacking the Great Schools Partnership’s definition of educational equity
- Lean: Exploring our racial identities
- Learn: Understanding systemic racism and its impact on our schools
- Learn: Exploring the ways in which White Supremacy Culture have shaped our educational system and the experiences of members of our school communities
- Resources & Closing