Make the Most of ESSER: Ideas and Insights By and For District Leaders
We invite superintendents, assistant superintendents, and other key district decision-makers to join us for a discussion-based exchange of ideas and insights.
Districts like yours will receive substantial ESSER funding to not only reopen, but also to reimagine your schools.
This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to:
- Provide safe, deep, and personalized learning to all students
- Accelerate learning with better, innovative practices that re-engages kids: relationship-building, supports for social-emotional learning, advisory programs, etc.
- Address learning and its supports with summer academies, tutoring, extended days, etc.
- Develop more equitable community engagement practices
- Improve buildings, increase access to technology, and diversify the educator workforce
Who’s facilitating and what are the outcomes?
Join GSP Executive Director David Ruff, Associate Director Mark Kostin, and Senior Policy Advisor Duke Albanese for a one hour Zoom meeting to reimagine learning and to build more equitable systems of education.
During this session, participants will:
- Review the ways ESSER funds can be used to promote educational equity, address learning loss, and diversify the educator workforce
- Engage with other district leaders to prompt thinking and exchange ideas; and,
- Learn how GSP resources and coaching can support their work
This session, which will be conducted virtually via Zoom, will feature interactive group discussions. We will not be recording this session.
Who should attend?
This session is designed to make space for superintendents and assistant superintendents to exchange ideas and insights about a once-in-a-generation school improvement opportunity: the $122.8 billion earmarked for education as part of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021.
Date: Thursday, April 29, 2021
Time: 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
Where: Virtual, via Zoom
Cost: Free, but registration is required and space is limited.