The Great Schools Partnership is currently looking for a project associate
Located in downtown Portland, Maine, the Great Schools Partnership is a team of 34 working on a variety of small–and large–scale educational projects throughout New England and across the country. The Partnership offers comprehensive coaching, professional development and technical assistance to educators, schools, districts, and state agencies, while also developing cutting-edge resources and coordinating the implementation of major grant programs.
The Partnership envisions an equitable, rigorous, and personalized education system that prepares every student for college, careers, and global citizenship. While we believe our work will benefit all students, we believe it will particularly enhance and ensure deeper learning for students who historically have been least served in our educational systems.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, the Partnership believes in empowering its employees to be creative, take initiative, think outside the box, work collaboratively, and assume leadership roles in their work.
The project associate will provide direct and varied support to multiple projects and GSP staff and assist with day-to-day office responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain effective and professional telephone and mail communications both internally and externally;
- Coordinate and prepare correspondence, documents, tools, and reports using various software programs;
- Proofread documents;
- Ensure the quality of all documents and resources during creation and modification, to assure project integrity;
- Assist in the collection of data, review and analyze reports, summarize information and identify trends to inform projects;
- Compile and organize data from public sources to assist with database maintenance
- Maintain the organization of project files (online and hardcopy)
- Assist with the planning of events, conferences, and training sessions across projects;
- Create online registration forms and surveys;
- Assist with securing travel arrangements and accommodations;
- Troubleshoot with clients regarding GSP tools (iWalkthrough) and websites;
- Maintain technical knowledge by keeping up with new technology and software;
- Participate actively as a team member in whole staff and smaller staff meetings;
- Assist in the development of marketing materials as required;
- Assist other staff members with special projects as needed;
- Complete other work as assigned.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Content updates to various GSP websites;
- Creation of budgets for events and meetings;
- Creation, design, and import of webinar/meeting slideware.
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent experience;
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details with strong proofreading and editing skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to follow-through on tasks and projects;
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize workload and adjust for change;
- Understanding of quantitative data and foundational analysis (e.g. determining percentages, averages, etc.);
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint);
- Knowledge in Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Forms);
- Knowledge of MAC suite of tools (Keynote, Pages, Preview) a plus;
- Knowledge of website management, social media, and online technology a plus;
- Knowledge in building slideware presentations a plus;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and design elements a plus.
The Great Schools Partnership offers its employees a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes healthcare (with options for dental and vision), paid vacation time, contributions to a tax-deferred retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement. We have a great team of motivated staff and an equitable, energized work environment. The Great Schools Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Include “Project Associate I” in the subject line.
Review of application materials will begin on April 9, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.