The Great Schools Partnership is currently seeking applicants for a Senior Associate position
Located in downtown Portland, Maine, the Great Schools Partnership is a non-profit organization working on a variety of small–and large–scale educational projects throughout New England and across the country. The Partnership offers comprehensive coaching, professional development and technical assistance to educators, schools, districts, and state agencies, while also developing cutting-edge resources and coordinating the implementation of major grant programs. You can view more detailed information about the work of the Partnership here.
Our team of 33 reside throughout New England and other regions. All staff members convene monthly for two consecutive days in Portland, Maine for professional learning.
The Partnership envisions an equitable, rigorous, and personalized education system that prepares every student for college, careers, and global citizenship. While we believe our work will benefit all students, we believe it will particularly enhance and ensure deeper learning for students who historically have been least served in our educational systems.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, the Partnership believes in empowering its employees to be creative, take initiative, think outside the box, work collaboratively, and assume leadership roles in their work.
Senior Associate Position
This senior associate will support K–12 educators in schools and districts, working to transform practices, policies, and organizational models with a particular focus on personalizing learning and creating equitable outcomes for all students. This work will be performed both regionally (in New England) and nationally and we encourage applicants from around New England and other regions to apply.
Senior Associate responsibilities will include:
- On-site school coaching for K-12 districts and schools across New England and beyond, including several urban districts.
- Development and implementation of processes and tools to support educational transformation.
- Facilitating professional development for educators.
- Facilitating and/or coordinating policy implementation at a district level.
- Presenting Partnership work to local and national audiences.
- Assisting other staff members as needed.
- Other work as assigned by the Executive Director, the Associate Director or the Directors of Coaching.
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- A master’s degree or equivalent experience in transforming schools and educational organizations.
- Experience working in diverse settings (both internally and with external partners) and demonstrated ability to effectively address issues of inequity.
- Experience in working with educators to support the design and implementation of proficiency-based learning and multiple and flexible pathways.
- Experience working in the field of community engagement is advantageous, including expertise in youth development and student voice, parent and family leadership and advocacy, and related areas such as school-community partnerships, community organizing, distributed leadership, deliberative dialogue, or restorative justice.
- Extensive and varied teaching experiences.
- Demonstrated educational leadership skills.
- Strong expertise in research-based best practices, school redesign, and 21st century approaches to teaching and learning.
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple projects, develop priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong writing, presentation, and speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to explore and develop ideas extemporaneously, in collaboration with others, and in public settings.
- Ability to travel as required for work assignments.
- Ability to use the following software: Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Apple Keynote.
The Great Schools Partnership offers its employees a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare (with options for dental and vision), paid vacation time, contributions to a tax-deferred retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and a salary commensurate with experience. We have a great team of motivated staff and an energized work environment.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Include “Senior Associate Position” in the subject line.
The Great Schools Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.