Got writing? We want to see it.
On the Great Schools Partnership blog, we write for and about students, educators, administrators, policymakers, and other education stakeholders. Our goal is to provide fresh and timely insights about everything from educational equity and racial justice to school improvement and classroom practice.
If you’ve got big ideas or personal stories to share, you’ve come to the right (or write!) place.
The best way to familiarize yourself with our style and content preferences is to read our blog. Suffice it to say, everything we publish is related in some way to education. More specifically, we’re interested in school improvement and educational equity.
We like big ideas and personal stories; we love exemplars, tools, and resources; we love commentary and opinions on policy and practice. This is not a venue to promote or sell services or products.
We don’t pay for blog content; you will receive a byline and an optional link to your website or a social profile of your choice. Authors reserve all rights to their work.
by Great Schools Partnership We’re thrilled to have three new senior associates and school coaches on staff here at the Great Schools Partnership: José Bou, Emily
by Adam BuntingAdam Bunting is a guest blogger and principal of Champlain Valley Union High School. You can find him on Twitter @abuntcvu. All photography in
By Ashley ClarkAshley Clark teaches high school science at Nokomis Regional High School, particularly chemistry and environmental science. She enjoys scuba diving, quality time in
- Topics: Is your blog about school improvement, educational equity, education reform, policy, classroom practice, community engagement, student voice, or a similar topic? Great! We want to read it.
- Titles: When submitting to our blog, please include a title for your piece. All titles should be 60 characters or less.
- Word count: Length will vary by topic and format of the blog. However, no blog should be fewer than 300 words or more than 1,500.
- Media: We welcome blogs that include photography, audio, or video. Examples might include photographs or scanned copies of student work; a recorded audio or video interview with students or educators; or even a podcast. We accept most file formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, AVI, MOV, WAV, MP3, etc. All media should be your original work.
Email us your completed submission; please do not submit pitches. If possible, submit your writing as a Google document; that way, we can easily provide feedback and guidance. You may also submit your writing as a Microsoft Word document. Please do not submit your work as plain text in the body of an email.
- An editor will read your work to see if it’s good fit for our blog.
- If your writing is a good fit, you will receive written feedback as necessary.
- You will have an opportunity to revise and resubmit your final draft.
- All accepted work will be published on the Great Schools Partnership blog.
Subscribe to the GSP Monthly Dispatch
A free monthly roundup of upcoming Great Schools Partnership events, as well as fresh and insightful writing from our school coaches.