The goal of the Framework for Proficiency-Based Learning is to ensure that students acquire the most essential knowledge and skills they will need to succeed in school, higher education, the modern workplace, and adult life. Therefore, systems of assessment and verifying proficiency should prioritize enduring knowledge and skills—i.e., graduation competencies and related performance indicators.
In this section, district and school leaders will find guidance on what to assess, how to assess it, and how to verify and report student proficiency in relation to competencies.
- Verifying Proficiency: Graduation Standards
- Verifying Proficiency: Performance Indicators
- Verifying Proficiency: Scoring Criteria
- Learning and Assessment Pathways
- Designing and Assessing Homework
Proficiency-Based Learning Simplified by Great Schools Partnership is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.