Discovery Session—Elements of Effective Instruction: Fostering Student Engagement in Remote and Hybrid Learning
Student engagement is the result of effective instruction. Students who make choices about their learning, are clear about the outcomes they are aiming for, and who feel safe and supported in their learning environment will be more engaged learners. If our nearly year-long experiment with remote and hybrid learning has taught us anything, it is that effective instruction is even more critical in virtual spaces. We invite you to join us for the first of a two-part series to learn about the Elements of Effective Instruction, with a particular focus on remote and hybrid learning. In this workshop, educators will have the opportunity to engage with colleagues in learning and planning for:
- Safe and supportive learning environments
- Clear, shared outcomes, including essential learnings, transferable skills, and success criteria
- Varied content, process, and product to meet student needs and provide choice
- Practice and formative feedback
- Complex thinking and transfer through interdisciplinary assessments and problem solving
- Identify challenges and opportunities in our current reality.
- Reflect on personal strengths and areas for growth related to the Elements of Effective Instruction.
- Explore Elements of Effective Instruction.
- Collaborate to improve teaching practices in a virtual or hybrid learning environment.
- Welcome and Review Agenda
- Hook: Reflecting on our Learning Experiences
- Introduction to Elements of Effective Instruction
- Virtual Learning Scenarios
- Elements of Effective Instruction Self-Assessment
- Deep Dive into an Element of Your Choice
What Are Discovery Sessions?
Discovery sessions are virtual opportunities to discover and explore topics or issues that are important to you, your school, or your community. All individuals are welcome to participate.
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 1:00-4:00 PM EST
Where: Virtual, via zoom
Registration is now closed.
To receive future event notifications as well as The GSP Monthly, please sign up here.